Feeling fresh pressed for a good, natural exfoliant?
I was feeling my skin dehydrate. Maybe I forgot to moderate my sun exposure. I also had to adjust my h 2 o intake recently. Now I have calculated my bodies needs and developed a nice rejuvenating rendition of your finest exfoliate and it is all natural. I would venture to guess you have at least 3 of 6 of the ingredients… they’re in your kitchen of course.
If there is anything I have learned about holistic skin care, it would be that the spice cabinet is nature’s gateway to delightfully healthy, glowing and soft bodies.
Remember the skin is the largest organ in the body and is responsible for filtering toxins from entering your blood stream. Check out my top ten reasons to exfoliate here. It’s more than the superficial.
Ingredients list: there are six only
1 tbsp Fresh Cracked Pepper
1/2 cup Coconut Oil
1 cup of pressed, course, fair trade coffee grounds
2 tsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
1 bag Chamomile Tea, single serving
& Fair Trade Cocoa (of course)
Steps: there are five only.
1. Brew a French press of your favorite coffee beans! Having fun already, right? (Bonus points If you brew hazelnut cause that’s my fave!) Ground whole beans to a course texture If you are grounding them yourself.
2. Break from scrub making for a moment while you prepare a Delish cup-o-joe and poor the rest into a container if you intend to drink it later perhaps over ice for a cold brew. Empty the strained coffee grounds onto an old kitchen towel. Repeat step one. Yes, brew MORE coffee. Avoid the temptation to drink all of the coffee. Hack: Freeze some coffee in ice cube trays for iced coffee, tomorrow, that isn’t watered down.
3. Drain coffee grounds and do what you can to dry them. You may let them sit in dry heat or direct sunlight for a few hours. The less moisture from Water in your scrub, the longer it will last and the more potent it will remain.
4. Begin with coconut oil base (1/2 cup of oil) in a 10-12oz mason jar. Bring the oil below 72 degrees so it is a liquid form and stir in all ingredients but the coffee grounds. Use Fair Trade expeller pressed coconut oil if you know a guy and have the hook up. ;)
5. By now, your grounds should Be dry and maybe you’re on your second cup of coffee. Finally, Stir in grounds. Put a lid on the jar and store at 68 degrees or so. A wine fridge is a good spot or in cooler climates you can store in your shower with lid on. Avoid allowing any moisture to seep into the container whilst using scrub in the bath or shower. Finish with our delicious Body Oil blend of organic essential oils.
There you have it
AN INVIGORATING, CLEANSING, MILDY INTOXICATING, BODY HEALING, SENSUAL SCRUB!
Enjoy. Please share with a friend who loves your skin and theirs.
Authored by yogi, @teacherofyoga